18 October 2006

water, water everywhere

At work: The campus flooded this week, and we've been kicked out of our computer classrooms while the good folk of Balfor de-mildew and re-drywall things.

At home: My landline at home is out, which is good, because it made me go into the basement to look at the phone lines, where a bunch of water dripped onto my head. A minute later, I felt pretty butch holding onto a flashlight (of use) and a screwdriver (of no use at all), saying "yup" and watching the water drip under the sink upstairs. The kitchen faucet is broken so that water only comes out of the little sprayer hose thingy. As they might say in my old home in haddizburg mizzippi, "yup, iyaint gotta phone but i got me some runnin wadduh."

At the house of why, in the "Huh?" room: Good thing our president has declared this week to be National Character Counts Week, or else I wouldn't be able to make sense of the newly Bush-signed Military Commissions Act of 2006.

No comments: