31 October 2006

Today's time-waster....

I used to wonder how cheese and beer were ever invented (and yogurt!). I mean, moldy stinky food--I love it as much as the next gal, but who ever got the idea to pick up some nasty bit of goo and eat it?

Anyway, I used to wonder that, but I'm now pretty sure it was because of the Stone Age forebears of people who spend their time doing these Halloween Tampon Project sorts of things. Oh yes, and let us not forget the microwaving Peeps genre. We are nothing if not a species of creative time-wasters.

"Great fiery gods!" says Troya. "This sheepsquirt stinks."
"Like bad injured foot," adds Bloob. "Or man-droppings."
Troya nods, wondering if the white-covered goo that will come to be known as camembert is a secret way for sheep to stake out territory. "Taste it."
"No!" Bloob recoils in horror. The shimmering mass smells like it might expand inside her mouth and make her head implode. "You do it."
"I drank the bad potato water that sat in the sun until it smelled of a mammoth's secret place. Your turn."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this would make an excellent comic strip.

And I wonder if peeps do that in your stomach too?

Summer Writers said...

Shehun...its late, I've had a few drinks but you're a nut job...
Love ya man, Fi

Anonymous said...

Yup. this is exactly what I was picturing. Okay, well, not exactly, but glad you did it. It's perfect. And how I feel, many days. Thanks for the laugh.