15 October 2006

god save the queen

So last night I saw The Queen, not because I have any particular interest in QEII or Princess Diana, but because I'd pretty much watch Helen Mirren in anything. If Helen Mirren appeared on crap TV like America's Funniest Home Videos, I'd watch it, even if Bob Saget were hosting and my mute button were broken. Certain folk are Sagetproof. Who else besides Mirren? Mikhail Baryshnikov. Gerry Adams. Vanessa Redgrave. Joni Mitchell. Anyway, the movie was okay, Mirren was Mirren, and the Indian feast I had beforehand also fabulous. But I was wondering about the movie's timing--why now? I didn't really feel sympathy for Tony Blair OR the queen, but I think I was supposed to.

I spent a lot of the day today working on the Women's Studies website, and then gave myself a headache trying to activate my new RAZR. I wonder what kind of cellphone Sagetproof people have...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gerry Adams, as in Sinn Fein Gerry Adams? God save the huh? --clm