05 January 2007

Done, done, done!

I finished the essay ("Lesbian Spectacle and the Disruption of Desire") at 7 p.m. Pacific Time and emailed it away. The LAW has read it and pronounced it intelligible, and she approved my decision not to end the piece with "And we all know Paradise is chock-full of lesbians." Too bad.

It was good to finish it--I think I've proven to myself that the brain still works in interesting ways, although I'll have to beat the lobes back into their cold, conjoined torpor by Monday, when Winter Quarter starts.

Just what is a "chock," and with what does one fill it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A chock is something you fill something else with, like a wedge or, in the case of technical climbing, for example, a little nut you stick in the rocks to hold a stay for your rope. So "chock-full" essentially means something can't hold more chocks.

By way of klondike trivia, my childhood multivitamins were called Chocks.

Congratulations on finishing your spectacular Spectacular paper.