16 August 2007

Earworm play

My brother John and I compete to see who can get the most wretched songs stuck in the other person's head. Not by singing--mais non! We can just type lyrics at each other over MSN Messenger. We are cursed, it seems, with lyric recall and a propensity for phonological loops. The winners today:
  1. Morning Train, Sheena Easton
    My baby takes the morning train / He works from nine till five and then / He takes another home again / To find me waitin' for him
    [Note: honestly, this is the champion earworm. It wins every time.)
  2. Sad Eyes, Robert John
    Sad eyes, turn the other way / I don't wanna see you cry / Sad eyes, you knew there'd come a day / When we would have to say 'goodbye'
    [Note: this is especially fun if you get the key change in at the end)
  3. Nobody, Sylvia
    Well, your 'nobody' called today / She hung up when I asked her name / Well, I wonder / Does she think she's being clever (Clever, ooh, ooh)
  4. Jesus Loves the Little Children

No comments: