23 April 2007

High holy days

Yes, 'tis the season--this week marks the anniversary of my coming-out (23 years ago). I'm celebrating with wall-to-wall meetings at work: prep for the University Curriculum Committee (UCC); the UCC itself; Grad Council; thesis students; department Graduate Committee; a dozen other I'm forgetting; etc. Maybe I'll persuade the LAW that this momentous season deserves an extra-friendly date.

Last night, we had dinner with Charybdis and Mr. Charybdis. Now I'm trying to figure out whether the charbroiled shrimp or something else caused my, hmmm, active dreams: (1) all of my caps and fillings were falling out and my back molars were dissolving; and, later, in a separate bit of entertainment (2) I was pulling long gobs of stuff from my throat, after discovering I was possessed by a demon--and that this was the only way to exorcise him.

So this morning I'm just bemused by the broken and evil things my subconscious thinks might emerge from my mouth. But really, maybe it was the shrimp.

By the way, favorite new music discovery: Kathleen Edwards, whose performance I caught on Austin City Limits the other night as I was flipping through channels looking for Mission: Impossible reruns.

3 comments:

Gregory said...

You dream of destroying your dental work? That's odd. I dream of either grating mine down to oblivion or, like last night, someone slowly but surely stealing bits and chunks of my teeth while filing or snipping them off with giant bonecutters. Unfortunately, the person is a morpher who looks like my partner when I wake up--but it's not him. It's quite Kafka-esque--I can't figure out who's stealing my teeth and why. And then I wake up and check my teeth.

The Simpleton said...

Happy anniversary, my dear. I am glad you made it.

But I am a little shocked that you're just discovering Kathleen Edwards. You're usually so ahead of my fashion curve.

Anonymous said...

To dream that you have rotten or decaying teeth, forewarns that your health and/or business is in jeopardy. You may have uttered some false or foul words and those words are coming back to haunt you.


what did you do???