11 November 2006

My bachelor self.

So the Lovely AW(tm) is away at a conference, and I'm doing the usual shehun-as-bachelor things: staying up late playing video games, sleeping with the TV on (nothing like infomercials at 3 in the morning to give you interesting dreams), not taking my vitamins, and eating popcorn for dinner (and leftover popcorn for breakfast). Now really, before the LAW entered my life and made sense of the outside world for me, I was (mostly) capable of taking care of myself. Something's happened!

I don't think I'm just trying to show how pathetic I am when she's not around and thus encourage her not to go off gallivanting to Baltimore without me. But if I were trying to show that, yesterday's adventure would be ample proof: I broke a temporary cap eating leftover popcorn for lunch, swallowed the cap, and then had to hie myself off to the dentist 15 minutes before the office closed to get a new temporary. (p.s. Many thanks to Albert of Inland Dental Center and his artistry.)

I did spend a few minutes rooting around in the popcorn just in case the cap was hiding underneath a kernel, but no, really, I could feel it chewing its way down my esophagus.

Sigh. She comes home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow bachelor I looked around the house at evidence of my domestication, only to see a desk in place of a dining room table, one half eaten container of humus in the fridge next to an unopened roll of Salmon roulade ( it looked interest at Trader Joe's) and my only kitchen acoutrement is a coffee pot. Being a bachelor isn't such a bad thing!

Anonymous said...

You know you can always come over here for dinner when your beautiful wife isnt home.....